VISA Debit Cards: Beyond Cash and Checks
Make Your Checking Account Even More Convenient
How? With a Visa® Debit Card, you can access your checking funds at an ATM or by making purchases at any merchant that honors credit cards - without ever having to write a check.
Perhaps you're the type of person who likes to "pay as you go" rather than "pay later." If so, a Visa® Debit Card is for you. When you use your Visa® Debit Card, your money is deducted from your checking account. Unlike using a credit card, Visa® Debit Cards have no big bills at the end of the month, no interest charges and no late charges. That's because you pay immediately with your money, the money residing safely in your checking account. It is a quick and convenient transaction between you, the merchant and your personal bank account.
And a Visa® Debit Card provides several distinct advantages over a credit card:
- Obtaining a Visa® Debit Card is easier than getting a credit card.
- With a Visa® Debit Card in your wallet, you don't have to carry a checkbook or large amounts of cash.
- Using a Visa® Debit Card may not require you to show identification or give out personal information, which are usually required when you write a check.
- Visa® Debit Cards are more readily accepted than checks, especially in other states or countries.
- Use a Visa® Debit Card at an ATM when you need cash. Whether you're across town, across the country or across the ocean, it's quick and convenient-especially when you're traveling.
- You receive a detailed description of every card purchase and cash withdrawal from an ATM on your monthly checking statement for easy record keeping.
- 1st Bank offers FREE Visa® Debit Cards, with no annual fee.
Visa® Debit Cards - the convenience of a checking account without having to write checks! Apply today!
To report a lost or stolen card: 866-546-8273